Just the thought of selling your home can be mind boggling. So many things to do, but you’re probably wondering, where should I start?
Well, let me try to make it a bit easier for you.
1. Get Pre-Approved for a new Home Loan
Know where you’re going before you consider moving. Research the housing market in the area where you wish to live so that you have a good idea how much it will take to buy a replacement home. Then, find a lender you trust and get pre-approved for another home before you start the selling proces.
Start researching at www.SandyShoresMelbourne.com. I can provide you a list of homes or you can search the entire MLS.
2. Check Your Mortgage Payoff
Call your lender to find out the payoff for your current home mortgage.
3. Determine How Much the House Is Worth
Determine your home’s fair market value. I can help you by completing a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) report to see what recent homes have sold for in your area.
4. Estimate Your Costs to Sell Your Existing Home
I can provide you with a close estimate of seller closing costs including:
- Real estate commission.
- Advertising costs, signs, other fees.
- Attorney, closing agent, and other professional fees.
- Prorated costs, such as property taxes, and home owner association fees.
- Any other fees typically paid by the seller.
5. Total all expenses related to buying a new home:
- Moving expenses, closing costs, down payment, home inspections, title work and policy, new hazard insurance policy, etc. Your lender should give you a disclosure of estimated costs when you apply for pre-approval.
6. Calculate Your Estimated Proceeds
- Will your closing proceeds cover your costs to acquire a new home?
- Will you have cash or other funding to make up the difference?
Calculate your proceeds:
- Deduct your mortgage payoff and your closing costs from your home’s market value.
7. Make Necessary Repairs and the get the house Ready to Show
Make all major repairs, unless you want the house to be regarded as a fixer-upper. Great curb appeal, fresh paint indoors and out, organized closets and cabinets, clean windows and appliances, and a clutter-free atmosphere are essential if you want the house to appeal to buyers. Don’t give buyers a reason to submit a low ball offer.
8. Make Your Home Accessible and Comfortable
Be sure that it’s always ready to show. Many agents won’t show a house that takes 24 hours notice. Leave when home buyers are present.
9. Call me today at 321-253-4545 and interview me for the job of selling your house Be sure to ask me for
- A list of references.
- My personal resume.
- A list of the websites that your home will be advertised on.
- A list of my blogs sites.
- My website information.
- A list of the homes I have recently sold.
- And, get a feel for my knowledge and experience of the industry and the area.
- And, you decide if I am the right agent for the job of selling your home.
- AND Be sure to visit the sellers page of my website